Gallery – The Last 100 yrs


Box Village Green (2003)

Box Village Green (2003)

Box Lower Green (2003)

Box Green Cottages (2003)

Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee commemorative seats near Box Green Cottages 2012

Box Village Green & Box Green Cottages on Coronation Day 1953

Cross Cottages and Woodbine Terrace constituted the boundary of Box Square, at one time 13 “one up and one down” dwellings housing a total of 40 occupants.

Abana (2003), one of several previously known as “Cross Cottages”.

Baycroft (2008)

“Baycroft” and “Old Stables” (2005)

Coronation Arch, Box 1953 outside Baycroft’s Garages and Old Stables

Box Chapel c1980 – now 3 garages between Carrick House and Boxhangar Cottage

Box Post Office Aug 1965 (now a dwelling named “The Old Post Office”)

From 1900 Trullwell House was the home of Mr Fyffe of shipping and banana fame. He owned the first car in Box. In exchange for cutting a private road from the rear of Trullwell to Minchinhampton Common he was obliged to give a piece of land twice the area of the turf he removed, the shape of which gives its name to the land (and house) known as The Triangle.

The Triangle (2000), built on the triangular piece of land donated by Mr Fyffe in return for building a private roadway from Trullwell to Minchinhampton common (seen in foreground).

The Triangle 2006

Bus Shelter  built by the residents of Box in 1947, refurbished 2005

Tiled images of Box in bus shelter refurbished by Chine School

Pear Cottage during a wall rebuilding task…

Pear Cottage 2005

A general view of Box from Scar Hill  – 2003

Box from Scar Hill (2000)

Almond Cottages (2003), now 2 but originally 3 dwellings

April Cottage (2000)

Box Corner (south side) c 1950

Box Corner (south side) 1971

 

Box Corner – south side (2003)

Box Corner (north side) 1971

Box Corner – north side (2003)

Box Inn Cottage (2008)

Box Village Hall 1991

Box Village Hall (2001)

Box Village Hall (2003)

Box Village Hall 2014

“Boxhangar” & adjoining (now disused) shop

Broxmead

Cotswold Chine School

Box Shop & Post Office (now Clifton Cottage) on Village Open Day

Box Shop & Post Office (now Clifton Cottage) 1965

Clifton Cottage (2003)

Elmcroft No 2 (2003)

Greenside (2008)

Grey Cottage (2003)

Greyroofs and well

Halfway House Inn 1960

Halfway House Inn 1965

The Halfway House 1998

The Halfway House pub 2006

Hilsland & Hill Cottage 2001

Hollytree 1&2 (2001)

Lealands – East and West (2012)

Long Cottage (2008)

Mulberry Cottage (2000)

Old Stables (2003)

Pen House (2012)

Pippins (2003)

Telephone Box (2008 )

The Beehive (2005)

Box Inn Cottage & The Old Box Inn (2000)

The Snicket (2000)

The Studio (2003)

Willow Cottage (2012)

Woodleaze House (2000)

Woodvale & Woodvale Cottage (2000)

Yewtree Cottage (2003)

Bus service through Box 1998

Duke of Beaufort officially opening Box Youth Club in 1950

Box Youth Club opening ceremony 1950. The building has since been demolished but the base can still be clearly seen near the footpath entering Box Wood.

Celebrations on the Green at the opening of Box Youth Hut (1950)