Box Village from the common. The fields in the foreground are now the site of Box Village Hall, its car park and a row of 3 houses.
Box Village Green c 1914
Box Village Green – approximately 1935. Note the recent addition of roadside kerbing.
Baker Daniels’ Cart Shed on the Green, now garages to Box Green House
Box Womens Institute on new Village Green bench (installed to commemorate 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth)
One time known as “Kirby’s Residence” but now Box Green Cottages
Mr Gardiner’s Coal Shed and Door to Stables – now Baycroft’s garages and Old Stables
Box Green House c 1915
Box Green House. Now one dwelling, this was at one time three cottages as well as a shop.
Bakery c 1900 (now a house known as “The Old Bakery”) with baker Joseph Daniels in background and son Paul
Bakery oven door, still preserved within “The Old Bakery”
The Box Inn, converted to a private residence in 1967 known as “The Old Box Inn”
Cross Cottages and The Pen, taken around 1930. Note the absence of trees giving a clear view to the wooden chapel (now 3 garages).
View across The Pen showing “Box Green House” and rear of “Baycroft”
Dwelling then known as “Humphries House”, now “Well Cottage”
Trullwell in early 20th Century, showing iron gates, railings, glassshouse and hothouse – all since replaced.
Greyroofs – May 1932
Greyroofs’ and Hope Cottage’s gated coach houses, 1925
Long Cottage, May 1946. Cyril Turk with daughter Elizabeth and son Christopher
Box Church in1951, showing the new stone building in construction around the old ‘tin’ church.
Beehive Box c 1910, when it was the “Beehive Inn”
Beehive when it was then a butcher’s shop
View of Box looking west from “Thyme Cottage”
View of Box looking west from “Elder Cottage”
Box Cottage in 1936
Box Cottage, Mrs Turk and son Christopher – 1946
Box Cottage in 1936 with Mrs Hurst in front
Box Cottage in 1934 with Miss Beatrice Ross JP
Box House c 1880
Box House c 1936
Box House Garden 1936
The Barn at Box Farm, since converted into a house known as “Box End Farm”.
Braceland (now Pepperpot)
View from “Braceland” (now “Pepperpot”)
Minchinhampton Common near Box, approx. 1930
Chine 1930 (now Chine School)
“Cotswold Chine” when it was then a guest house, now a special school
Halfway House Inn
Halfway House Inn (rear view) 1912
Box bus shelter 1947
Beaudesert in the 1930s
Devil’s Elbow. Wooden gate to Box Wood has gone but public footpath to Box (on left) remains
Nailsworth Hill, now locally known as “The W”
Box, view taken from Hazel Wood above the Weighbridge Inn, Nailsworth
View showing East/West Lealands (top left, crossed) and The Chine (top right)
Early photograph showing Halfway House & adjoining cottage (centre top) but The Chine yet to be built
Taken from Scar Hill – The Chine on top left of horizon and Bracelands (now Pepperpot) top right
Box 1895, taken from fields above The Beehive showing The Halfway House top centre on horizon
Box from the air c 1936
Box Football Club 1925-6