Photograph of “The Beehive” taken approximately 1938, shortly after the construction of the unusual, two storey flat-roofed extension.
The Beehive 2001
The Beehive in 2005
Beehive Inn Box c 1910
Beehive, Box 2014
The Coronation Arch (1953) by Edward Payne , adjacent to the stables on the right where the coal merchant Mr Gardiner, then living in Baycroft, kept his horses, but now Baycroft’s garages and a residence known as “Old Stables”.
Previously stables to “Baycroft”, now garages and a new residence known as “Old Stables”.
Now a single residence, Box Green House was once three cottages, one of which included a general store selling paraffin and animal feedstuffs for the villagers’ livestock.
Box Green House 2005
Cross cottages (1930) remain relatively unchanged, though the view across “The Pen” is now obscured by trees.
Cross Cottages 2003
View from the bottom of “The Snicket”, across gardens in “The Pen” towards Baycroft, Box Green House and the top of Scar Hill.
A view across “the Penn” towards Baycroft and Box Green House – 2005
This early photograph of “The Halfway House” clearly shows the pubs’ origins as a farmhouse and cottages.
Halfway House Inn 1960, at that time owned by Whitbread Breweries
Halfway House 1965, but now with new signage and entrance porch relocated
Halfway Inn VJ+50 Day 1995
By 1998 the Halfway House had been sold by Whitbread and become a privately owned freehouse
Halfway House 2005, showing modifications made since 1998.
Box House c1880
Box House c1936
Box House 2008
Box Village Hall April 2001 prior to “Millennium” refurbishment
Box Village Hall 2003 showing “Millennium” extension and refurbishment
Box Village Hall 2014, with newly extended porch to protect replacement doors.
Early photograph of Box Farm
The Bakery c 1900 (now “The Old Bakery”) with baker Joseph Daniels in background and son Paul
Old Bakery, Box 2014
Greycott Aug 2003
Grey Cottage (previously known as “Greycott”) 2014
Humphries House (now Well Cottage)
Well Cottage (shown on an early drawing as “Humphries House”)
Box – near Greyroofs 1925
Box – near Greyroofs 2014
Box Farm barn (now converted to create Box End Farm)
Box End Farm 2014 (previously the barn to Box farm)
Elder Cottage and Thyme Cottage
Box from Elder Cottage 2014
Long Cottage May 1946
Long Cottage June 2008
Box Cottage Feb 1946
Box Cottage 2014